Sep 30, 2009

emptying the query bin

It has been so long! I have collected such an entertaining variety of search queries, I thought it was time to reveal a select few.


wildfire based on thoroughbred
This is a popular one, and I'm not quite sure if the blog helped this idea along or if it was originally out there to begin with.

best sex novel ever
Ever?

a romance novel including a man who lives on a farm
This sounds like the most intellectually stimulating romance novel in the history of the world.

are racing stripes stupid?
I once knew a man who put racing stripes on his car. Only they were made out of duct tape. I think that's the only time racing stripes are awesome. When you are openly mocking them, that is.

australian men are assholes
I believe you!

booked in jail strip search thong
I cannot help but wonder what this is all about. Also, I am curious how it landed them here. (ETA: Nevermind. I totally know how this landed them here.)

can i buy drover run farm in australia
Again, we're having issues with separating fiction from fact. It's such a trial, you guys.

can jessica burkhart ride horses? and did jessica burkhart learn to ride horses at the stable behind her house
Apparently Jessica has a bit of a cyberstalker. Fun!

down syndrome romance farm movie
Again, sounds like a fascinating romance. I am so fascinated.

do sandy and stripes mate in racing stripes?
Yes, because in the middle of a children's movie the two main animal characters are going to get it on. Totally logical.

how can you use "willow" in an exclamatory sentence?
Willow!

how should i use last brain cells
Okay, this one wins.

how to reenact pretty woman
Personally, I love the questions the most.

i love the 80s daterape movie
I also love the random declarations.

stalking used to be acceptable
I know! What ever happened to this wonderful pastime?

what should i do if a boy tells me i am stalking him?
Sweetie, the appropriate thing to do is deny, deny, deny. And then suck it up and move on, because obviously you've really creeped him out.

what would happen if christina reese got pregnant
Personally, I got a kick out of this one. Also, I can't remember it ever being addressed in fanfic. Or this could be because I ignored most Christina fanfic. (Yes, Thoroughbred fanfic about Christina existed! Be amazed!)

brad townsend ashleigh griffin sex
WHO ARE YOU PERSON WHO REPEATEDLY MADE THIS QUERY?



Upcoming reviews:
Bug Boy by Eric Luper
Homestretch by Paul Volponi
The Georges and the Jewels by Jane Smiley
Star's Chance, Thoroughbred #45

5 comments:

Fear Street said...

'how should i use last brain cells ' A classic. :p

I just did a similar post on my blog and some of the crap people search for is just sick.

Jessica Burkhart said...

LOL. Those are so fun!

RiverHeightsFangirl said...

Where IS the query bin on Blogger? Is it a gadget that has to be added, or am I a tech idiot that has to be taught in simple words?

Ah, the endless quest for a TB book where Ashleigh and Brad finally get down. Sorry folks, outta luck!

Mara said...

@Riverheightsfangirl:

The "query bin" is just what I call it; there is no actual query bin feature on blogger that I'm aware of. I use Google Analytics on the blog, which is a very in depth counter. From there I can pull out the search phrases people use en route to the blog. There are probably other programs out there that do the same thing. Analytics is just the one I use.

Schatzi said...

i love the 80s daterape movie
I also love the random declarations.


Lawlz.