Jan 22, 2011

Fans of Canterwood Crest, prepare your Kindles...

Dominate
Novella One
Wellington Prep

Jessica Burkhart is releasing an e-book series under the name Jessica Ashley, co-written with Kate Angelella. Looks like it will be a young adult version of Canterwood Crest, except it will be about Canterwood's evil counterpart: Wellington Prep.

Wellington Prep: home to the notorious Jasmine King. And if you think Jasmine's a mean girl . . . meet the one who taught her everything she knows.

Dare I say this is like a modern version of Caitlin: The Love Trilogy? How awesome could this likely get?

Release date is coming soon. (Remember, Wellington Prep will not be available in print.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. Canterwood Crest is below my age group, but I still read the books and they are good. A YA Canterwood version of Wellington Prep would be great!

pumpkinstitches said...

O-Only on kindle, though..? Why not in book form, too? :c

Mara said...

@pumpkinstitches:
My guess is it's being self-published through Amazon and Barnes & Noble, which is free. It could be that it wasn't picked up by a publisher, or it was never intended to be.

Jessica Ashley said...

Mara, thanks so much for the post! Kate and I are acting as our own packager, so we're skipping the publishing house route (especially since these are novellas) and are publishing them ourselves. :)

pumpkinstitches said...

@Mara:
Ah, that does make sense. Kinda stinks though, 'cause i'd be interested to check it out, but I don't have a Kindle.. ;n;

hauntedvixen said...

I think I'm going to have to skip this book. Though I unashamedly read Thoroughbred books in my spare time (and yes, point and laugh when the 2 year olds run a mile and 3/4ths or whatever) I've given up on the Canterwood Crest books. While the first few seemed promising, they've become 100 page ads for lip gloss, without definite plots or endings. The characters are unlikable, and the riding has been pushed to a minor subplot. Sasha has become a bit like Cindy - I spend more time wanting to punch her in the face than is healthy for an adult (especially when you take into account that she is both fictional, and a child). I suppose I should applaud the author for churning one out ever two months or so, which is sure to be helping with profits, even as it hinders quality. However, when you find yourself longing for characters that spend every night sleeping in stalls and heal sick horses through girl-love-beams, it's time to put the series down and step away.

Anonymous said...

sounds exciting but why not a book?