Oct 16, 2008

Upcoming Series: Canterwood Crest

What could we, as the general horse book absorbing populace, want the most out of the newest horse series to hit the book stores? Could it be something along the lines of The Saddle Club meets Sweet Valley High meets Caitlin? Could it?

Jessica Burkhart, self-admitted fan of the Thoroughbred series, NaNoWriMo'd her heart out and is bringing us Canterwood Crest, the series about bitches and the horses they ride. Something I didn't realize I really wanted until right now.
Who says teammates have to be friends?

When Sasha Silver and her horse, Charm, arrive on the campus of the elite Canterwood Crest Academy, Sasha knows that she's in trouble. She's not exactly welcomed with open arms. One group of girls in particular is used to being the best, the brightest, and the prettiest on the team, and when Sasha shows her skills in the arena, the girls' claws come out.

Sasha is determined to prove that she belongs at Canterwood. Will she rise to the occasion and make the advanced riding team by the end of her first semester? Or will the pressure send Sasha packing?
Cat fights, boarding schools, horses, and a girl named Sasha Silver? It sounds too good to be true. Mark January 27, 2009 on your calendars, guys. You know you want to.

(After further roaming, Canterwood Crest already has a website and Jessica's favorite horse book in the history of ever is Ashleigh's Dream. Jessica, I kind of love you already.)

8 comments:

Molly said...

Sasha's going to be one of those uberperfect riding Sues, isn't she. God, just ONCE I'd like the heroine to be kind of average. Oh well, new horse series is new horse series...

Monique said...

I am so excited, it's sad...

Jessica Burkhart said...

Hi! Thanks so much for the post about Canterwood! :)I'm counting down the days till it comes out.

Hey Molly, I wanted to let you know that Sasha's a girl with the least riding experience in her grade. It causes lots of problems for her...

And yes, Ashleigh's Dream is one of the best Thoroughbred books EVER, IMHO. :)

Mara said...

Hi, Jessica, thanks for stopping by. I'm definitely curious about Canterwood, and that usually means it will be high priority around here. Posting about new stuff is always pretty exciting when every horse series seems decades old already!

Anyway, I wish you all the luck.

Molly said...

Hey Jessica Burkhart! I'll be giving you the benefit of the doubt and reading this book, but I am veerrrry picky ;) Still, though, don't let my grouchy demeanor fool you, I'm quite excited to have a new horse book to read. It seems like it's been FOREVER since we've gotten a new YA horse series...well, there's Heartland, I guess. Let me amend that to "a new YA horse series that doesn't completely suck."

Monique said...

Jessica, be prepared to have some fans in the 20 plus age bracket. :)

Heather said...

I'm pretty excited about this series. I feel like I read about another new series recently, but now I cannot remember.

Elizabeth said...

More like Ashleigh's Hope plus Sweet Valley plus Caitlin? Even though it's a boarding school, not a regular riding school.

P.S. Sasha Silver keeps reminding me of Erin "Silver" on the new 90210, even though I haven't seen any episodes yet.